I lost 20 pounds in a month using intermittent fasting. It’s healthy, you get to eat what you want, and you lose a lot of fat. Sometimes you just need to lose a few pounds quick. Maybe summer is around the corner and you need to lose some weight really quick. Maybe you have a wedding coming up that you need look good for. Maybe you just want to get into better shape for your own wellbeing. Whatever the reason, I can tell you exactly how to do it with just two words. Intermittent fasting. Let me tell you how it works, and then in 30 days’ time you can come back and thank me.
The most intensive intermittent fasting protocol is one meal a day. You drink plenty of water throughout the day, but you only eat at the end of the day. One or two hours before you go to bed you have your single and only meal of the day. You can eat as much as you want, and you can eat whatever you want. When I say whatever you want I don’t mean you can eat candy and pop. You won’t lose weight like that, but within reason you can eat what you want.
There are several reasons why this protocol works:
- When you’re in a fasted state your body is pulling energy and nutrients from your fat stores. Your body only starts to break muscle down when you haven’t had any nutrients for three days. You may be very hungry, but your body doesn’t truly start starving until after three days without food. In other words, you will only be losing fat while doing this protocol.
- Second, when you go a full 24 hours without food , human growth hormone (HGH) production spikes to over 2000%. HGH is a huge fat burning and muscle-building agent. There’s not a workout or fitness routine on the planet that can boost your bodies HGH produce to 2000%. Diet is king!! Take advantage of your body’s ability to burn fat.
- Fasted training is a method implemented by models, bodybuilders, fitness gurus, and many others like you. When you train on an empty stomach you begin to really pull from your fat stores. Working out just before you have your meal is your biggest advantage here.
So here’s the essentials:
- Only have one meal a day.
- Work out on an empty stomach only.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Eat what you want when feeding time arrives!
- You are not staving yourself, but simply, shrinking the window of time to feed your body.
You might say things like “doesn’t starving yourself slow down your metabolism?” My answer to you is, yes. However, we are not starving ourselves! You still get all the nutrients your body needs when you eat your one meal at the end of the day.
I have been using various versions of this method for the last 9 years or so, and I love it. I get to save money on food, I don’t have to make breakfast or lunch for myself before work, I don’t have to sacrifice carbs, sugar, or alcohol, and best of all I can lose a lot of fat using this method.
Things you can have during a fast:
- Black coffee (no sugar, creamer, or milk)
- Green Tea
Fasting done right:
- When I say don’t eat anything, I mean it. I didn’t say just eat less. When you eat a single cracker and just a little bit of cheese, you are no longer fasting, and the rest of your day is ruined. But that’s okay! Just continue with the diet the next day, and work hard to get back with it.
- I know I sound like a broken record, but giving your digestive system a break with this method is healthy! So many people tell me, “Not eating is unhealthy”. This attitude is very outdated, ignorant, and let’s admit it American.
- You will not get maximum results without adding a work out routine. Sure, you’ll lose some weight, but not near as much.
Believe you me. This works. Utilize intermittent fasting. If you have any training or diet questions, feel free to subscribe below for weekly tips.